French Bread Pizza
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 to 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 large green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 large red or yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- Coarsely cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice loaf in half, length-wise, and spread each half with equal amounts of ingredients.
- Sprinkle lightly with black pepper.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Slice each half into fourths.
Servings: 6 to 8
Nutrition: One serving provides approximately: 356 calories, 16 g protein, 44 g carbohydrates, 6 g fiber, 14 g fat (4 g saturated), 15 mg cholesterol, 63 mcg folate, 4 mg iron, 741 mg sodium
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Wheat Foods Council
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.