French Bread Taco Pizza
Take your favorite taco ingredients, and layer them up on French bread. So easy and tasty, too!
For a quick and easy dinner, cook the ground beef mixture ahead, and refrigerate. Then all you have to do at serving time is top the French bread, and bake.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1 ounce package)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (6 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line large cookie sheet with foil.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise. Place on cookie sheet, cut sides up.
- Place in oven to lightly toast, about 5 minutes.
- In 6 inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat until brown, stirring frequently; drain.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water; cook until thickened.
- Spread refried beans over toasted bread.
- Top with beef mixture, bell pepper, onion and cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with lettuce and tomato.
Prep: 20 min | Total: 30 min | Servings: 4
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 710 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 75mg Sodium 386160mg Total Carbohydrate 86g (Dietary Fiber 8g Sugars7g ), Protein 38g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 35%; Iron 35%
Exchanges:2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:6
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.