French Fry Pizza
- 1 pound (about 5 cups) frozen French-fried shoestring potatoes
- 1 cup prepared
pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat 12-inch round pizza pan with vegetable cooking
- Arrange frozen potatoes evenly in one layer in pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan
from oven and cover potatoes with sauce.
- Sprinkle with oregano.
- Arrange pepper strips
on sauce; sprinkle with onions and top with cheeses.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until
top is lightly browned.
Makes 2 servings.
Nutritional information per serving: 753 calories; 71 grams carbohydrates;
36 grams fat; 8 grams fiber; 69 milligrams cholesterol; 37 grams protein; 1,529
Recipe and photo credit:
Wheat Foods Council.