French Quarter Sausage,
Red Beans and Rice Pizza
- 1 (12-inch) prepared pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cups chopped andouille or smoked sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
clove garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can red or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper, or as desired
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper,
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 8 ounces (2 cups) sharp Cheddar cheese,
- 1/2 cup chopped and seeded plum tomatoes
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a medium, nonstick skillet placed over medium heat, sauté sausage for 3 to
- Add beans, ground red pepper, salt and black pepper, stirring until heated
- Spread bean mixture over pizza crust; sprinkle with rice, cheese and tomatoes.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 6 servings.
Source: National Hot Dog and Sausage Council