Garlicky Dill Pickle Pizza
Yield: 1 (14-inch) pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough or enough for a 14-inch pizza
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups sliced dill pickles (about 4 large pickles)
- Fresh dill sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- Place a pizza stone or inverted rimmed baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven and heat to 450 degrees F.
- Dust a piece of parchment lightly with flour. Stretch or roll out the pizza dough into a 14-inch round on the parchment, then transfer the dough
on the parchment to a pizza peel or another inverted rimmed baking sheet.
- Spread the Alfredo sauce on the pizza dough and sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Combine the garlic and Italian seasoning in a small bowl, then sprinkle over the cheese. Top with the pickles.
- Slide the pizza on the parchment onto the heated stone or baking sheet and bake until the crust is golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Garnish with dill
sprigs, if desired, and serve with Ranch dressing for dipping.
If using store bought pizza dough, use their directions for baking.
To cook pizza on a grill: Heat grill to high heat. Brush grill grate with olive oil. Carefully place formed pizza dough on hot grill. The dough will begin to puff almost immediately. When the bottom crust has lightly browned, turn the dough over using two spatulas. Working quickly, proceed with step 3 of the instructions. Close the lid, and cook until the cheese melts. Remove from grill, and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
Photo credit: rlzim / CC BY