Ginger Chicken Pizza
- 2 tablespoons minced or pressed garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped scallions, including tops
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups shredded boned, skinned cooked chicken
- 3 firm-ripe Roma tomatoes
- 1 (12-inch) baked pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir garlic, ginger,
scallions and oil just until onions are limp, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce with chicken.
- Rinse and core tomatoes; cut crosswise into 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Place pizza crust in a 12-inch pizza pan or on a 14 x 17-inch baking sheet. Spread
crust evenly with sauce, then scatter chicken mixture and onion mixture over sauce.
- Sprinkle pizza with cheese, and arrange tomato slices evenly over the surface.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven until cheese is melted and pizza is hot in center,
12 to 15 minutes.
- Cut into wedges to serve.