Honey-Hot Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 3/4 cup crushed tomatoes (thick puree, available canned)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 1 cup diced or shredded, cooked chicken breast
- 1 (10 ounce) tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces blue cheese, finely crumbled ( 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- In a small saucepan, combine crushed tomato with honey, garlic, oregano and hot
pepper sauce. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix 1/4 cup tomato mixture with chicken; reserve.
- Shape pizza dough according to package directions for thin-crusted pizza.
- Brush pizza shell with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Spread remaining sauce over dough.
- Scatter reserved chicken over sauce.
- Bake at 500 degrees F until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle pizza with cheese, then celery.
- Cut pizza into 6 wedges.
Recipe and photo credit: National Honey Board - nhb.org