Pesto Feta Pizza
- 1 prepared pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- Feta cheese to taste
- 2 cups fresh parsley or basil, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup Parmesan or Romano
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place basil and garlic in food processor bowl and blend until smooth.
- Add nuts and cheese and continue blending.
- While processor is running, add olive oil until
creamy. (Pesto can be stored up to three months in refrigerator if covered with
a thin layer of olive oil, or it can be frozen.)
- To assemble pizza: Use pastry brush to add a thin coat of oil to pizza crust
(can omit this step).
- Spread pesto over pizza crust.
- Sprinkle feta over top and add thinly sliced and quartered tomatoes, if desired.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with a salad.