Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
- 6 ounces sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 1 (12inch) uncooked pizza shell
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef, cut into 1-inch squares
- Mild or hot pickled peppers, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss sliced white mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil; set aside.
- Heat remaining oil and sauté onions until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Spread sautéed onions over bottom of pizza shell.
- Layer cheese, beef and reserved mushrooms over onions.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for about 12 minutes until crust browns and cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with chopped pepper.
- Cut into 8 slices.
Servings: 8 | Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 12 Min
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Mushroom Council and mushroominfo.com
Credit: Pennsylvania Dept. of Agriculture/Eastern Mushroom Marketing Cooperative,
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.