Portable, personalized pizza in a cone - ready for tail-gating and game day.
If you'd rather not shop for paper cone cups, make your own foil cone shapes: Cut 12 (9-inch) circles nonstick foil. For each: Fold foil circle in half. Roll foil starting at one side, until bottom open end of foil is 3 inches across. Place 1 dough square over nonstick foil cone, pressing edges to seal. Reshape foil into cone shape, and place open end down on cookie sheet. Bake as directed above.
- 1 (13.8 ounce) can Pillsbury® refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 24 frozen cooked mini meatballs, thawed, cut in half
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package pepperoni slices
- 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow or green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded pizza cheese
- Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap 12 (4 ounce) paper cone cups with nonstick foil.
- Unroll dough on work surface. Using rolling pin, roll dough to 20 x 15-inch rectangle. Cut into 12 (5 inch) squares.
- Wrap 1 dough square around each cup; press to seal edges. Trim any excess dough at bottom of each cup.
- Place on large cookie sheet, open ends down.
- Bake on lowest oven rack 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- When cool enough to touch, remove and discard foil-covered paper cones.
- Place 1/2 meatball in bottom of each cone.
- In large bowl, mix 3/4 cup of the pizza sauce, the pepperoni, bell pepper and remaining meatball halves.
- Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 4 minutes or until hot. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the mixture into each baked cone.
- Top each cone with about 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Serve hot with remaining pizza sauce.
Prep: 30 min | Total: 40 min | Servings: 12
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Pizza Cone: Calories 240 Calories from Fat 100 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 4 1/2g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 45mg Sodium 630mg Total Carbohydrate 22g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 2g Protein 12g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 20% Calcium 8% Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: