Portable, personalized pizza in a cone- ready for tail-gating and game day.
- 1 (13.8 ounce) can Pillsbury® refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 24 frozen cooked mini meatballs, thawed, cut in half
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package pepperoni slices
- 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow or green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded pizza cheese
- Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap 12 (4-oz)
paper cone cups with nonstick foil.
- Unroll dough on work surface. Using rolling pin, roll dough to 20 x 15-inch rectangle.
Cut into 12 (5-inch) squares.
- Wrap 1 dough square around each cup; press to seal
edges. Trim any excess dough at bottom of each cup.
- Place on large cookie sheet, open ends down.
- Bake on lowest oven rack 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- When cool enough to touch, remove and discard foil-covered paper cones.
- Place 1/2 meatball in bottom of each cone.
- In large bowl, mix 3/4 cup of the
pizza sauce, the pepperoni, bell pepper and remaining meatball halves.
- Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 4 minutes or until hot. Spoon about 1/4 cup
of the mixture into each baked cone.
- Top each cone with about 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Serve hot with remaining pizza sauce.
prep time 30 min | total time 40 min | servings 12
If you'd rather not shop for paper cone cups, make your own foil cone shapes:
Cut 12 (9-inch) circles nonstick foil. For each: Fold foil circle in half. Roll
foil starting at one side, until bottom open end of foil is 3 inches across. Place
1 dough square over nonstick foil cone, pressing edges to seal. Reshape foil into
cone shape, and place open end down on cookie sheet. Bake as directed above.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Pizza Cone: Calories 240 Calories from Fat
100 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 4 1/2g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 45mg Sodium 630mg
Total Carbohydrate 22g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 2g Protein 12g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 20% Calcium 8% Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):