Pizza Cordon Bleu
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 partially baked
pizza crust, home made or store bought
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup
reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken chunks
- 3/4 cup deli ham chunks
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel the onion half and thinly slice it. Place the slices in a 2-quart, microwave-safe
- Add the mushrooms and pepper slices (optional) to the dish with the onions.
- Cover the dish with microwave-safe plastic wrap and vent one corner.
on HIGH until the onions and peppers are wilted and the mushrooms have released
their liquid, about 3 minutes.
- While the vegetables cook, place the pizza crust on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Stir together the mustard and sour cream and spread the mixture evenly over the
- The chicken and ham pieces should be no larger than bite-size, so cut them if
- Sprinkle the chicken and ham pieces evenly over the crust.
- Remove the vegetables from the microwave and drain away any liquid from the dish.
- Distribute the vegetables evenly over the pizza.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top.
- Bake, uncovered, until the pizza begins to brown at the edges, 10-12 minutes.
into 4 wedges and serve.
Nutrition values per serving: 524 calories (34 percent from fat), 20 g fat
(9 g saturated), 54 g carbohydrates, 8 g fiber, 33 g protein, 62 mg cholesterol,
1,225 mg sodium