Pizza in a Tunnel
- 3 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease and lightly dust a 10-inch fluted tube pan
or an 11-cup ring mold with cornmeal.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine biscuit mix, milk, eggs and butter. Beat with
an electric mixer on low speed until well combined. Beat on high speed for 1 minute,
scraping bowl constantly.
- With back of spoon, spread 2/3 of the dough on the bottom
and up the sides of the prepared pan to within 1 1/2 inches of the top; reserve
- Layer mushroom, pepperoni, pizza sauce and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese
over the dough in pan.
- Spread reserved dough over the top of cheese layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Let pizza stand for 10 minutes on a warm rack.
- Use a knife to loosen sides of pizza, turn out onto ovenproof serving plate.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Return pizza to oven for 1 to 2 minutes to melt cheese.
- Serve warm.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Savory Pizza Recipes