This is an authentic Sicilian recipe.
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup warm
- 3/4 pound ham, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound provolone
cheese, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound mozzarella, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound hard salami,
- Crust: Knead ingredients; put into bowl and cover for half an hour.
- Grease a
13 x 9-inch pan with butter, then roll out dough and place half in pan, then layer
- Filling: Place Filling on crust.
- Beat 6 eggs, 1 cup of milk and a pinch
of pepper together and pour over filling.
- Sprinkle a little oregano and basil on
- Put remaining pie crust over top and pinch together; make a hole in the middle
with a fork.
- Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes.