This is an authentic Sicilian recipe.
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3/4 pound ham, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound mozzarella, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound hard salami, sliced thin
- Crust: Knead ingredients; put
into bowl and cover for half an hour.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan with butter, then roll out
dough and place half in pan, then layer filling.
- Filling: Place Filling on crust.
- Beat 6 eggs, 1 cup of milk and a pinch
of pepper together and pour over filling.
- Sprinkle a little oregano and basil on top.
- Put remaining pie crust over top and pinch together;
make a hole in the middle with a fork.
- Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes.