- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (1.5 ounce) envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 7 ounces mozzarella or jack cheese slices
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Filling: In large skillet, brown ground beef and drain.
- Stir in onion, green pepper,
garlic, oregano, salt, water, hot pepper sauce, tomato sauce and sauce mix; simmer
about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Batter: In a bowl, combine milk, oil and eggs; beat 1 minute on medium speed.
- Add flour and salt; beat 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour hot meat mixture into a 13 x 9-inch pan; top with cheese slices.
- Pour batter over cheese, covering filling completely; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and brown.