- 1 pound ground beef, fried and drained
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon each pepper, oregano, garlic powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) can olives
- 2 cups grated mozzarella
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- After cooking and draining the meat, return it to the frying pan and add onion,
tomato sauce, spices, mushrooms and olives. Cook just long enough to heat through.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking pan, and top with cheese.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese.
- While cheese is melting, make Popover Batter.
- Remove meat and cheese from oven after the 5 minutes, pour batter over the top,
and return to oven to bake for an additional 30 minutes.