Potato Crust Pizza
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a mixing bowl, combine potatoes, egg, Parmesan cheese, butter and salt.
- Press into the bottom and up sides of a greased 10-inch pie plate or an
11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Spread pizza sauce over the bottom and up the sides of the potato, within
1/2 inch of the edge.
- Top with pepperoni and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese
Makes 4 to 6 servings.