- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Lightly sprinkle a greased 13 X 9-inch baking dish with cornmeal and set aside.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown beef and onion; drain and season with salt and pepper.
- Make a smooth batter out of flour, oregano, eggs and milk. Pour into baking dish
and cover with crumbled meat mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover with sauce and cheese.
- Return to oven and bake another 15 minutes.