Salsa Pizza with Cheese Crust
This is no ordinary pizza! Spicy salsa-seasoned beef tops a cheese crust for
a pizza that's out of this world.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups Old El Paso Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 1/4 cup mild salsa-flavor or jalapeno-flavor process cheese spread
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey jack cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease large cookie sheet.
- Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown;
- Stir in salsa; remove from heat.
- Stir Bisquick, cheese spread and hot water until soft dough forms.
- Turn dough
onto surface dusted with Bisquick; roll in Bisquick to coat. Shape into ball; knead
- Roll into 14-inch circle; place on cookie sheet.
- Spread beef mixture over
crust to within 2 inches of edge.
- Sprinkle with onions.
- Fold edge over beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.