- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of white pepper
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups small shrimp (boiled in lightly salted water)
- Chopped artichoke hearts
- Roasted garlic
- Monterey jack cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter.
- Add wine and reduce by half.
- Add heavy cream and spices. Reduce by one-third.
- Temper egg yolk and add to cream mixture. Allow to cool.
- Spread sauce over crust.
- Arrange garlic and artichoke hearts over sauce.
- Top with shrimp. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Place in preheated 400 degrees F oven for 10 minutes.