Shrimp Pesto Pizza 2
This combination of shrimp and pesto makes for a tasty seafood pizza.
- 8 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls or 12 Rhodes™ Dinner
thawed and risen
- 1/3 cup pesto sauce (recipe below)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella
- 8 ounces shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes,
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine rolls into a ball. Roll into a 16 inch circle. Place on a 15-inch sprayed
pizza pan. Poke several times with a fork to prevent bubbles from forming.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread with pesto.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Top with shrimp
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, onion, and pepper flakes.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
- Pesto: Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth, adding more oil
if needed. If made ahead, cover and chill up to 5 days, or freeze.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes | Yield:
1 1/2 cups pesto
Reprinted with permission from
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.