Southwestern Beef and Chili Pizza
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-inch) thick pre-baked Italian bread shell
- 1 1/4 cups mild thick and chunky salsa
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained well
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup thin red onion slivers
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until
no longer pink, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles.
- Pour off drippings.
- Season with salt.
- Place bread shell on ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread salsa over shell. Sprinkle with half of cheese.
- Top with beef chiles, tomatoes, red onion and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with cilantro; cut into 8 wedges.
Makes 4 servings.