- 1 (13-inch) uncooked dough crust
- 1/2 recipe Southwestern Oil Sauce
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup diced tomato, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorn, crushed
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Southwestern Oil Sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black peppercorn
- Pizza: Top dough crust with oil sauce, cheese, dollops of sour cream, tomato, jalapenos
- Drizzle with oil.
- Bake in preheated 500 degrees F oven on pizza stone
for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 2 to 3 minutes before cutting into
wedges and serving.
- Southwestern Oil Sauce: Puree ingredients in a blender and store in a small covered
This recipe makes enough sauce for 2 (13-inch) pizzas.