Thai Peanut Pizza
This deliciously unique recipe topped with spicy-sweet ingredients makes it a Thai Peanut Pizza with pizzazz!
Prep: 20 min | Bake: 20 to 30 min | Yield: 5 servings
- 9 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls or 6 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pizza: Combine Texas™ rolls or dinner rolls together and roll into a 13-inch circle.
- Place on a sprayed 12 inch pizza pan.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Remove wrap and poke several times with a fork to prevent bubbles from forming.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Peanut Sauce: In a medium saucepan combine all the ingredients for the peanut sauce.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
- Set aside to cool.
- Stir fry the chicken in canola oil and soy sauce until completely cooked.
- Spread peanut sauce over baked crust (peanut sauce can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator).
- Top with red peppers, green onions, cooked chicken and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with cucumbers and cilantro.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
The Grand Prize Winner one of the Rhodes Employee Recipe Contests was a tie...a Thai Peanut Pizza that is! Submitted by IT Administrator Austin Tolman and his wife Mariah, this deliciously unique recipe topped with spicy-sweet ingredients makes it a pizza with pizzazz! Congratulations Tolmans!