Italians have been eating pizza without tomato-based sauce for years.
- 1 pizza crust ( pre-made, bread machine or mix)
- 1 medium onion, diced
teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces Italian-style grated
cheese blend (mozzarella, provolone, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup spinach (defrosted), chopped and drained
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil over medium flame.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until soft but
not brown. Set aside.
- Place the blended cheese on the crust.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle on the chopped basil.
- Mix the drained spinach with the onion
mixture. Add that to the ricotta.
- Spread on pizza and bake 10 minutes or until it
begins to brown slightly.