Wisconsin Style Havarti Pizza
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 bulb anise or fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (10-inch) prepared pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 pound peeled, de-veined and cooked shrimp
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Wisconsin-Style Havarti cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms, anise, onion
and garlic until softened, but still crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Spread pizza crust evenly with pizza sauce.
- Distribute vegetables over sauce.
- Arrange shrimp on top of vegetables and top with Havarti.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
- Cool for 5 minutes before cutting into serving pieces.