Apple Cheddar Pizza
- Pastry for a single-crust pie
- 4 large baking apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar, mozzarella or Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- Roll pastry to fit a greased 12-inch pizza pan or baking stone. Flute edges.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Arrange apples in a single layer in a circular pattern to completely cover pastry.
Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over cheese. Cut
butter into small pieces and dot top of pizza.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Cut into wedges; serve warm.
Yield: 12 servings