- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large cooking apples
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 2 3/4 to 3 cups flour, divided
- 1 package dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Apple Topping: Peel and slice the apples. Melt butter in skillet, add apples,
sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Simmer 15 minutes, then cool.
- Cheese Topping: Mix in a bowl and set aside.
- Streusel Topping: Mix in a bowl and set aside.
- Crust: Blend 1 1/2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a large mixer bowl.
- Heat water, milk, and butter until very warm; add to flour mixture and beat three
minutes. By hand, stir in enough flour to make a soft dough. Cover and let rise
- Pat dough onto a large oiled pizza pan, forming a rim around the edge. Spread
on cheese topping, then apple topping over cheese; sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Cover and let rise for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.