Butter Crust Fruit Pizza
- 3/4 cup sweet butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mandarin oranges, drained
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, drained thawed and drained
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat sugar and butter at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
gradually add flour and milk; mix until thoroughly combined. Press dough out onto
12-inch round pizza pan to form crust.
- Bake for 13 to 18 minutes or until light and golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare glace. In 1-quart saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch; blend
well. Add juice; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes
to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Cool 10 minutes.
- Arrange pineapple chunks and oranges on cooled crust; sprinkle with coconut and
nuts. Top with strawberries. Drizzle glace over fruit.
- Cut into wedges to serve.