Fruit and Yogurt Pizza
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened*
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal,
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces
light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup low-fat fruit-flavored yogurt (any flavor)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups assorted fresh fruit (raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, bananas, pineapple, kiwifruit, etc.)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, beat margarine and sugar until
light and fluffy; add flour, nuts, oatmeal, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix
- On lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet, press dough into a
12-inch circle, forming rim around edge.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In small mixing bowl, with electric mixer, beat cheese until fluffy; beat
in yogurt and vanilla. Spoon evenly over cooled crust.
- Arrange fruit on top.
- Chill before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
* Use stick margarine or real butter. Do not substitute reduced-fat spreads;
their higher water content often yields less-satisfactory results.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 meat, 1/2 milk, 4 fat