Gumdrop Cookie Pizza
Colorful cookie crust pizza topped with gumdrops and chocolate is ready in just
an hour - perfect for dessert.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup small gumdrops, cut in half
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg with spoon.
- Stir in flour and baking soda (dough will be stiff).
- In ungreased 12-inch pizza pan, spread or pat dough (or spread or pat dough in
12-inch circle on ungreased cookie sheet).
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle gumdrops over partially baked crust.
- Bake about 10 minutes longer or until edge of crust is golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Place baking chips and shortening in small resealable plastic food-storage bag;
seal bag. Microwave on High 1 minute. Squeeze bag until chips are melted and smooth.
- Cut off tiny corner of bag; drizzle melted chips over cookie.
- Let stand about 30 minutes or until set.
- To serve, cut into wedges.
Prep Time 30 min | Total Time 60 min | Servings 16
Instead of gumdrops, top off this sweet pizza with jelly beans or other soft,
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 230 (Calories from
Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg Sodium
95mg Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 24g ), Protein 2g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 4%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat;
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):