- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups uncooked oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves (a mix of red and yellow fruit preserves works well)
- Chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Combine oats and flour and stir into butter/sugar mixture.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Place 2 portions
on opposite corners of a large, un-greased cookie sheet; press each into a circle
about 1/8-inch thick, and press 1/2 inch of the outer edges with the tines of a
fork. Repeat with other two portions.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from over and spread preserves in center of each circle; sprinkle with
- Cool for 10 minutes on cookie sheet, then cut each circle into 8 wedges.
- Cool completely before serving.
Source: Groves, Texas Chamber of Commerce (Pecan Festival is held in Groves every
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Pizza Recipes