Garlic Cheddar Popcorn Balls
- 50 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 quarts popped corn
- Peel garlic and mince with salt to prevent sticking and to absorb garlic juices.
- Toss garlic with cheese.
- In large glass or plastic bowl, make alternate layers of popped corn and garlic-cheese
mixture, coating popcorn as evenly as possible, especially at edge of bowl.
in microwave and cook 1 minute.
- Shake bowl gently; turn 180 degrees and cook 1 more
minute. Do not overcook.
- Immediately turn out onto cookie sheet, and quickly shape
into plum-size balls.
- Set balls on sheets of wax paper.
Makes 4 dozen popcorn balls.