- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2-inch piece ginger
root, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup popping corn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons
hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add 1 clove of crushed garlic, ginger and popping corn.
- Cover and cook over medium-high heat 3-5 minutes, holding lid firmly
and shaking pan frequently until popping stops.
- Turn popped corn onto a dish, discarding
any unpopped corn kernels.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Stir in remaining clove of crushed
garlic and chili sauce.
- Return corn to pan and toss well until evenly coated with
- Add parsley and salt and stir well.
- Turn into a serving dish.
- Serve warm
Variation: Omit chili sauce and add 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1 teaspoon paprika,
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives to melted butter.