Salty Dog Popcorn
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons powdered ground ginger
- 15 cups (5 ounces) already-popped
- 3 1/2 cups (6 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 2 cups short pretzels
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place the butter in a 2-cup microwave-safe container and cover it with a paper
towel. Microwave 2 minutes, on HIGH, or until melted.
- Remove the butter from the microwave and stir in the soy sauce, garlic powder
- Place the popped corn, chow mein noodles and pretzels in a large UNSCENTED trash
- Pour the butter mixture over the popcorn mixture, and shake well to coat the
mixture with butter.
- Pour the popcorn mixture into a large 15 x 10-inch roasting
pan, or use two smaller pans.
- Bake the mixture, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
the pan from the oven, and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Store in airtight containers, gift tins or zip-type plastic bags at room temperature
for up to 1 month.
Makes about twenty 1/2 cups.
Approximate values per 1/2 cup serving: 81 calories (63 percent from fat),
6 g fat (2.5 g saturated), 9 mg cholesterol, 1 g protein, 6.6 g carbohydrates, 0.7
g dietary fiber, 139 mg sodium