Almond Honey Popcorn
- Softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups sliced almonds
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Butter a large bowl with softened butter. In the bowl toss together the
almonds and the popped popcorn.
- In a saucepan with high sides, melt the butter. Add honey and salt. Bring
to a boil, stirring constantly and allow to boil for five minutes. Remove from
heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla extract. Pour over popped popcorn and
stir to coat.
- Place on large cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes,
stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, loosen from pan and cool.
Yield: 4 quarts