- 8 cups popped popcorn*
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Tang (powdered
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 tablespoons of unpopped popcorn makes 4 cups (or 1 ounce) popped popcorn.
- Place popcorn in a large buttered baking pan.
- In separate pan, combine sugar, drink mix, syrup, water and butter. Stir
over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cook until mixture reaches 250 degrees
F on a candy thermometer, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in orange extract and baking soda. Pour over popcorn,
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool completely.