Baked Caramel Corn
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 quarts popped popcorn, unsalted
- Melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring
constantly. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla extract. Gradually pour over
popped corn, mixing well. Turn into 2 large shallow baking pans. Bake at 250 degrees
F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool completely. Break apart.
Makes about 5 quarts.