Butter Pecan Popcorn
- 8 cups popped popcorn (about 1/3 to 1/2 cup unpopped)
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1/2 cup broken pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup instant butter pecan pudding mix
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Discard unpopped popcorn kernels.
- Spray a 17 x 12 x 2-inch roasting pan with nonstick coating.
- Place the popped corn and pecans in the pan. Keep popcorn warm
in a 300 degree F oven while making coating.
- In a small saucepan melt the margarine or butter. Remove saucepan from heat.
Stir in the corn syrup, pudding mix and vanilla extract. Pour syrup mixture over
popcorn. With a large spoon, gently toss the popcorn with the syrup mixture to coat.
- Bake popcorn, uncovered, in a 300 degrees F oven for 16 minutes, stirring halfway
through baking. Remove the pan from the oven.
- Turn mixture onto a large piece of foil.
- Cool popcorn completely.
- When cool, break into large pieces.
- Store leftover popcorn, tightly covered, in a cool, dry place for up to 1 week.
Yield: 9 (1-cup) servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes