- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
- 2 cups toasted walnuts
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease a 14 x 10-inch roasting pan.
- Pop the popcorn.
- Put nuts and popcorn in a very large bowl.
- Bring brown sugar, corn syrup and
butter to boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in butterscotch chips, vanilla extract, baking soda and salt
until blended and smooth.
- Working quickly and using two wooden spoons, pour syrup
over popcorn and nuts, stir to coat thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into pan; bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven, cool mixture in pan about 15 minutes.
- Turn mixture out of pan onto foil to cool completely.
- Break popcorn into smaller pieces; store in airtight containers in cool dry place
up to 2 weeks.
Makes about 4 quarts.
Can use peanuts or almonds instead of walnuts.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes