- 1/2 cup popcorn
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peanuts
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease a 14 x 10-inch roasting pan.
- Pop the popcorn. Put nuts and popcorn in a very large bowl.
- Bring brown sugar,
corn syrup and butter to boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat and
cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in butterscotch chips, vanilla extract,
baking soda and salt until blended and smooth.
- Working quickly and using two spoons,
pour syrup over popcorn and nuts, stirring to coat thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into pan; bake 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven, cool mixture in pan about 15 minutes. Turn mixture out of pan
onto foil to cool completely.
- Break popcorn into smaller pieces; store in airtight
containers in cool dry place up to 2 weeks.
Makes about 4 quarts.