Candy Cane Popcorn
- 4 quarts popcorn
- 2 cups whole nuts (pecans, cashews, peanuts, etc.)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups spiced gum drops (omit the black ones)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix popcorn, nuts, marshmallows and gum drops in large bowl.
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan. Add sugar, corn syrup and bring to a boil. Stirring,
simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract. Blend well. Pour over popcorn. Mix; let stand for 2 minutes
- With wet hands, shape into cane. Wrap in plastic.
- Store in cool place.