Caramel Almond Popcorn
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for pans
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Butter two baking sheets; set aside.
- Place corn kernels and oil in large pot, partially covered, over medium heat.
Once popping begins, shake pan frequently; when popping slows down, about 3 seconds
between pops, remove pan from heat and uncover. Transfer popped corn to a large
bowl; add almonds. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup over medium-high heat;
stir to dissolve sugar and melt butter. Cook, stirring constantly, until it reaches
255 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in extracts, salt and baking soda. Working quickly,
pour over popcorn and almonds; toss with wooden spoons while rotating the bowl.
When completely coated, divide evenly between prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour and 20 minutes; popcorn will crisp when cooled.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes