- 5 quarts popped corn (2 to 3 bags microwave corn)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Spread popcorn on baking sheets and set aside.
- In large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Boil for 5 minutes,
then remove from the heat. Add baking soda, vanilla extract and salt. Stir thoroughly.
The mixture will "foam up." Pour over the popped corn and mix well.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 40 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes.
- You may stir into the popcorn 1 can of mixed, salted nuts before pouring the
syrup over and baking.