Caramel Corn 2
Stores don't carry caramel corn this good. It's extra creamy and full of rich
flavor. You'll find the Danish Creamery Butter takes this snack or dessert to the
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 quart unsalted popped popcorn (air-popped preferable)
- 1 1/2 cups whole almonds or roasted unsalted peanuts (optional)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Danish Creamery Butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Put popped popcorn (and nuts if desired)
in a nonstick or buttered roasting pan or metal bowl; place in oven.
- Microwave: Melt butter in 2-quart glass bowl in microwave (High 1-1 1/2
minutes). Stir brown sugar and corn syrup into butter. Microwave High for 5
minutes - stopping the cooking to stir every 2 minutes. The mixture should be
very bubbly (temperature 250-255 degrees F). Note: For 650-750 Watt ovens, an
additional minute or two of cooking time may be necessary; stir after each additional
minute of cooking time.
- Stove: Melt butter in heavy 2-quart sauce pan over medium heat; stir in
sugar and corn syrup; bring mixture to a boil and then allow to boil 5 minutes
without stirring.) Stir in baking soda into hot mixture.
- Drizzle over warmed popped popcorn and toss using 2 wooden spoons or heat
resistant rubber spatulas to coat popcorn.
- Bake coated popcorn for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 quarts
Variation: Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract while stirring in the baking soda.
Source: Challenge Home Economist
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes