Caramel-Nut Popcorn Crunch
- 10 cups freshly popped popcorn
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Spray 15 x 10-inch baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Mix popcorn and almonds in large bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in medium saucepan. Over low heat,
stir mixture until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to high and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, almond extract and baking soda.
- Pour over popcorn and almonds, immediately stirring gently to coat.
- Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven.
- Cool completely.
- Break into pieces and store in airtight container.
Yield: 20 pieces
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
The Popcorn Board
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes