Caramel Popcorn Balls
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups unpopped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to a 4-quart saucepan, and heat over high heat. When
oil is hot, add 1/2 cup of popping corn. Keep pan moving constantly. When corn stops
popping, remove from heat. Place popped corn in oven to keep warm. Repeat until
all corn has been popped. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan with a candy thermometer inserted, combine butter, sugar
and corn syrup. Stir well and bring to boiling over medium heat. Stir in condensed
milk; simmer, stirring constantly, until thermometer reads 238 degrees F (114 degrees
C). Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour caramel over popped corn and stir to coat. Butter hands lightly; shape popcorn
into balls about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes