Chocolate Cream Popcorn
- 2 quarts popped corn
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place popped corn into a lightly greased large bowl.
- In saucepan, mix sugar, water, corn syrup and salt. Cook over moderate heat to
240 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- Add butter; when it is melted; add chocolate. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour hot syrup over popped corn, stirring constantly
with two forks. Continue stirring until corn is coated and syrup loses its gloss.
- When mixture is cool; store in tightly covered containers.