Chocolate Popcorn Balls
- 1/4 cup white corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup popcorn, popped
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- In a heavy saucepan, put the corn syrup, water, sugar, molasses and butter. Cook
over moderate heat to 280 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour over the popped corn and peanuts.
- Form into balls.