Cinnamon Red Hots Popcorn
- 6 to 7 quarts popped corn
- 1 (12 ounce) package cinnamon red hots candy
- Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon oil of cinnamon
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Put red hots into a 2-cup measure and fill to the top with sugar. Boil all ingredients
except baking soda and flavorings for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda and flavorings. Pour over popped corn.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.