- 10 cups popped corn
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix the popped corn and peanuts in a very large bowl. Keep warm in the oven set
at 250 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in heavy saucepan. Stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup and salt
and bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for
5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in baking soda and vanilla extract. Quickly pour
over warm popcorn mix. Stir until well coated.
- Bake in shallow pan or cookie sheet for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
Makes 2 quarts.